Known, Unknown and Assumed
Telling the players with a scorecard....
For all the latest news all the time, check out the 24/7 website the Walking Duck.
Did you know you can become a voluntary contributor to support the daily publication of this newsletter by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org and arranging to give any amount of your choice?
I bet you did!
Did you know that you can also choose to become a voluntary paying subscriber by clicking on this magic blue button??
I bet you knew that too!
Thank you for your generosity and encouragement.
* Congress only acts when it has to, at the last possible moment – and sometimes not even then.
* Team Biden has not figured out an immigration policy yet.
* Stacey Abrams’ campaign for governor of Georgia will be one of the most discussed midterm stories for the next eleven months.
* Kevin McCarthy is no Newt Gingrich, Paul, Ryan, Tom DeLay, or Tom Foley.
* Wearing a mask on an eleven-hour airplane ride is no picnic.
* Putin will do whatever he wants at a place and time of his choosing.
* What Joe Manchin will do on BBB.
*How the Iran nuclear talks will turn out.
* Who will be responsible for shaping Vice President Harris’ public image.
* How abortion will play as an issue in the 2022 midterms.
* What Charlie Baker will do next.
* If Michael Shear got COVID from Donald Trump.
* There will be no government shutdown or debt ceiling breach (unless there is/are).
* More House Democratic incumbents in iffy districts will announce their retirements.
* Jerome Powell will be confirmed for another turn as the Fed topper (but/and with both bipartisan support and bipartisan opposition).
* If a morning tip sheet comes out later than usual, there must be some sort of issue (like a temporarily missing stuffie).