The World of News Is Wide
Sweet and sour, complex and simple….
If you would like to participate by Zoom Thursday in a focus group after President Biden’s first full-scale news conference, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know you are interested.
For all the latest news, check out our new 24/7 website the Walking Duck.
Second mass shooting in U.S. this week sees gunman killing 10 people at a Colorado supermarket.
Denver Post coverage here.
Google News round-up here.
America lacks the will or consensus to limit, let alone end, the kind of firearm carnage that is unique to this country.
Biden-Harris-Klain-Pelosi-Schumer planning to use Democrats-only reconciliation to pass trillions in new spending and new taxes, with many details remaining to be worked out.
New York Times here.
Washington Post here.
Wall Street Journal here.
If B-H-K-P-S pursue this pathway
* Substantial bipartisanship before the midterms is likely a non-starter.
* If you thought Joe Manchin was powerful before now…..just you wait.
* Winning over progressives in both chambers could drive the price tag to $4 trillion.
* Brace for a major fight over who will be hit with tax increases.
* There’s a reason President Biden has still not scheduled his address to a joint session of Congress.
Team Biden looks for new solutions and promises more media access to Mexican border challenge/crisis.
Washington Post here.
* The drumbeat of open criticism by Texas Democratic members of Congress will be followed by open criticism of other Democrats if the White House can’t put forward an actual plan to effectively address the situation.
* The president is going to need better answers in time for Thursday’s press conference.
* This issue has the potential to expose public cracks inside Team Biden unlike any other so far.
“Morning Joe” features important discussion on “moving past cancel culture to find grace and accountability.”
Watch it here.
* It is possible to engage this debate and generate positive reaction.
* America needs the courage to have more conversations such as this.
Among the best to ever lace up sneakers.
Please consider becoming a paying subscriber to Wide World of News:
You can also instead make a voluntary contribution in ANY lower amount than the formal subscription rates.
Send a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask how you can help keep Wide World of News alive 7 days a week.
Thank you for your support.